Re: Announcement: RPMs for hylafax and libgr

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Super-User wrote:

Using the 'root' account for routine things (such as sending mail)
is not usually a wise idea.

> On Wed, 22 Oct 1997 Matthew.Rice@ftlsol.com wrote:
> > 2) Is there any reason that we cannot rename the xferstat/xferlog for
> >    the next release?

> yes, it makes more work for everyone to keep track of everything, and
> provides no benefit.

No benefit to you, maybe, but the case has been clearly made.

The name 'xferstat' is sufficiently vague that it can -- and has --
been duplicated by other software. This issue didn't even arise until
someone ran into problems because of the redundant filenames.

If you'd been following this thread you'd know the rationale. This
is not a gratuitous request.

- Evan