Re: Fax != uucp

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Samuel James Liddicott wrote:

> Well done HylaFax bod! I now got faxing on SCO with an old nasty modem.
>
> On my system though, I can't set the UID of "fax" to that of "uucp".
>
> Is this really important?

Yes, it is. What you've got to do is to twiddle /etc/passwd so that
the uids are the same, and then also look at /tcb/files/auth/f/fax
and alter the u_id# entry so that it matches uucp's (which should be 5
on SCO OS 5.0.x).

Then run `/tcb/bin/authck -av' just to make sure everything's ok with
the tcb subsystem.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
                                        "Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!" - Curly