Trouble starting hylafax

Hello,

Let me start out by saying I'm new to hylafax.  I have started this
project (to implement  a faxserver) about 3 days ago.  I have read and
reread the troubleshooting guide, and searched the mail archives ( I
came up this a match, but no solution).

I have hfaxd configured in my inetd.conf as shown in the troubling
shooting guide.

If I try and start hylafax with "hfaxd -I" I get a getpeername error.

If I try to start hylafax with "haxd -i hylafax", I get cannot bind to
port 4559.

So.... I am posting on this list to maybe see how I am suppose to start
hylafax???

latest release of 4.0pl1, running on linux redhat 4.2

Thanks, and I appologize in advance if I have missed something obvious.

Lach