Re: Hylafax future

> For me the big things that could be done:

> 2) A good windows client - i like hfaxd but i was thinking a proper network
> printer driver, to write the code you also need to be subscribed to MSDN
> for the Microsoft DDK, i will ask my boss( this  costs A$1000 p.a.)

Have you looked at the 'respond' program at http://www.Boerde.DE:81/~horstf/?
It is really done for mgetty/sendfax, but it would only take a change
in the command line to submit to hylafax instead.
The idea is that you set up a windows printer to send postscript to
a samba queue on the server where you run sendfax.  When the samba
server receives the job it runs a perl script that connects back to
the sender, where the 'respond' program pops up a dialog box to
ask for the destination which it passes back to the perl script.
Not as elegant as a print driver that understands hfaxd protocol but
it looks usable...

Les Mikesell
  les@mcs.com