Re: Timing Out

> Hi.
>
> I'm having problems with my faxes not being completed before they time out.
>
> If I suddenly send large bunch of BIG faxes (I only have a single modem),
> the last ones don't get completed, because they "timedout"
> 	"Your facsimile job to 16139955342 could not be completed before
> 	 the appointed deadline."
>
> I even did:
> 	sendfax -n -d 16139955342 -k "now +23 hour" document.ps
> expecting the -k to let it go, but it seems that the "timed" out is happening
> before the first transmition, so it doesn't even attempt a first transmition.
>
> Anything I can do?  I'm probably missing somethign simple, but I just can't
> seem to find it in the sendfax man page.

AHH!!!!!, the dreaded "Sequence of arguments" problem sneaks in to bite us
again.

The sequence of the command line arguments is CRITICAL to the proper operation
of sendfax.  This is a necessary evil to permit a document to be sent to
multiple recipients with different cover pages, paramaters,...

So, try moving the "-k" before the "-d 1613..." stuff, & I'll bet you it
magically starts working.  I use the -k paramater here all the time, so I
know it works.

Good luck,
--
	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.