Re: ttyS2 under Linux?

At 17:34 16/08/97 -0700, John Conover wrote:

>Technically, under Linux, shouldn't this be:
>
>    d3:456:respawn:/usr/bin/nice -20 /usr/local/bin/faxgetty -d ttyS2

Yes - no matter what kind of operation.
Below is a post from Theodore Y. Ts'o sent to linux ppp regarding the linux
device files(Author of linux's serial stuff)

For data logins you can get faxgetty to start mgetty to run your data
connections look back in the mailing lists a few weeks ago for "HylaFax and
PPP" messages.

Robert

   Date: 	Sun, 10 Aug 1997 00:13:30 -0400
   From: Neil Moore <amethyst@maxwell.ml.org>

   Someone will flame me to a crisp if I'm wrong, but I think I heard Theodore
   T'so say somewhere (linux-kernel, newsgroups, something -- I don't
remember)
   that /dev/cua? support may be gone soon in 2.1.x.  In any event, I'd be
   kinda surprised if 2.2.0 still supported /dev/cua?.

Two weeks ago (more or less) I sent mail to linux-kernel and
linux-serial proposing to remove support for /dev/cua? from *all* serial
drivers in the 2.1 release.  It was sent with a "any complaints, speak
up now".  I got only one complaint, from someone who didn't understand
that there was a better way to do things, and support from a large
number of people, including Gert Doering (the author of mgetty).

So it's going to happen.....

						- Ted