Priority settings

This has been driving me crazy for a long time, and I have searched
everywhere for resolution and come up dry.

10 copies of the same message destined for different PINs at the same pager
company gets submitted to the queue with a priority of 127.

10 separate phone calls to the same phone number are made (another
annoyance, but I digress).

Depending on how long it takes to send the first bunch of messages, 2-5
messages will "time-out" and be returned.

How do I increase the "maximum time to deliver" for different priority
levels?

Please CC me the answer directly as I am not currently subscribed.

pashdown@xmission.com