Re: Receiving fax at the good scale

> 1) 1rst question: where is the script who get the inbound fax, convert
> it in tiff, and spool it on the recvq

I can't think of any good reason why faxgetty wouldn't write these files
directly, as they are just a TIFF header on the raw fax data.  That might
be why you can't find a script.  (TIFF isn't really a format for graphics,
its really a format for describing graphics file contents.  It includes
options for palletised, LZW encoding (similar to GIF), for Group 3
fax encoding, and even raw bitmaps (Windows .BMP like).)

> The other problem is that the tiff files are "squashed" in a bad scale,
> and I would modify a param
> somewhere in order to view my inbounded faxes at a correct size. So:

Set the sending fax machine to fine mode?  Normal faxes are 100 x 200
dots per inch.  I hope the TIFF headers include this information.  I've
only ever tried to convert to PS and PS allows for rescaling.  My guess
is you need to tell the TIFF to GIF convertor to stretch the image by
duplicating pixels in one dimension.  You may have to do TIFF to PBM --
stretch -- PBM to GIF.