Re: Rockwell has dropped class 2 support

Charles G Stuart wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jul 1997 14:15:25 +0100 James Stevens
> <James.Stevens@jrcs.co.uk> writes:
> >Am I the only one to have noticed that Rockwell have dropped Class 2
> >fax
> >support in favour of SVD ??
> >
> >James
> >

> Nope.  I think I put that on this list to.  The new Rockwell 56k modems
> are Class 1.
>
>                                 Chuck Stuart

According to Rockwell, it is up to the modem makers which set of
features they put in their modems, however, most (read nearly all) are
choosing to include 56K or SVD instead of Class 2.

However, the same guy (real techie in Tokyo) said he had "designed out"
the timeing issues in Class 1 in the form of a modified standard which I
believe will be called "Class 1.0" as presented in a document, T.31

James