POKE!

I poke and prod, it's what I do best.  So here goes.

HylaFAX is tremendous.  Sam was cool, now so is Matthias.  I appreciate
everything done by the binary dist maintainers, and those who answer
questions with more patience than I have ever had.

But I want to ask for more.  Permit me to make the following requests:

1. Please can we consider changing the list to hylafax@sgi.com?  Leave
flexfax@sgi.com as a reflector to the old list.  I know, it's petty, but
we're dwelling on the past here and this may confuse newbies who may just
have joined the scene.

2. Please can I ask that we move to pl2?  I think the bugs reported in
recent history more than warrant a new patchlevel.  They include:

a) Unnecessary rejection of source-routed e-mail addresses when fed to the
sendfax commandline, reported by randy@psg.com

@pucc.PRINCETON.EDU:owner-atlas-l@TCUBVM.IS.TCU.EDU
is rejected with:
Malformed (null) sender name or mail address

b) Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz> reports problem disabling ECM, which
does not seem to be in pl1:

    ~,11:32am> sendfax -E -d 1234567 .login
    500 'JPARM USEECM 0': Syntax error, invalid boolean value, use YES or
NO.
    ~,11:32am>

c) Luiz Otavio Lautenschlaeger Zorzella <zorzella@dcc.unicamp.br> and Leif
Erlingsson <leif@lege.com> report patches to textfmt to handle things like
umlauts, very handy!

d) Phil Abercrombie <phil@comp.vuw.ac.nz> reports a potential patch (I
don't believe anyone ever commented on it) for:

Job numbers for outgoing faxes increase sequentially from 1 to 31999
but then instead of starting again at 0, the next number is 1999 and
then 200009 after which things settle down again.

That's it.  Can the keepers of the source coordinate and decide what else will be in the patch, as I'm sure you are receiving other (perhaps more minor) bug reports all the time?

Thanks!

-DPN

Attachment Converted: c:\program files\eudora\attach\POKE!