Re: irix modem problems

I tried some stuff,

On May 21,  1:21pm, <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz> wrote:
> Subject: Re: irix modem problem
> On Tue, 20 May 1997, Liam Irish wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > from /etc/uucp/Devices:
> >

> This should read:
>
> 	ACU ttyf2 null 9600-38400 212 x zdx

done

> And I take it that /dev/ttyf2 *does* exist?

boogie 134# ls -l ttyf2
crw-rw-rw-    1 uucp     sys        0, 98 May 21 14:10 ttyf2

also changed permissions  on that file to world rw temporarily as per the other
suggestion.

boogie 135# cu -l ttyf2
Connect failed: NO DEVICES AVAILABLE

Here is another intersting note:  I tried putting the modem back on the other
machine.  cu -l still wouldn't work, but when I can to the modem, the ready
register stays on, as compared to the 6.2 system problem system, if I cat to
modem there, the register goes off until I am done.

Thanks for the help,

--
Liam Irish
System Engineer					Tampa, FL