Re: Bug in hfaxd.

> 	I'm using FreeBSD-2.2.1-RELEASE and hylafax-4.0p1.  This
> doesn't have anything to do with the modem (and I can't really
> identify it anyways).  The stock hfaxd program core dumps on FreeBSD
> when invoked with the -i option, after someone connects or when
> invoked with the -I option.  I've tracked down the offending
> code... in the following code, hp turns up NULL for some reason.
> Extending the if around the code solves the problem.

Well, looking at the code, it looks like a legitimate bug to me.  After
all, if hp is null, the memcpy line is going to puke big time....,
maybe even dump a big core <g>.

Have you been able to determin why the gethostbyname is failing?

--
	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.