Re: HylaFAX transmission quality and page bundling

On Sat, 10 May 1997, Ingo Ciechowski wrote:

> Finally I got my HylaFAX distribution running on my linux box with
> Ghostscript 4.01 and all those tools from the current source distribution.
>
> But although sending faxes works fine with one of my modems the result is
> not acceptable - what comes out of my fax machine looks like there are
> lines missing as if the original couldn't be transported properly on a
> sending fax machine.

The most common cause of this is incorrect handshaking; either by
using the wrong device (some UNIX's require a different device
depending on the type of handshaking used), or bad pin connections.

Best to use rtscts from your machine to your modem and make sure all
of them work. You won't believe just how many bad cables there are out
there...

> Please reply directly to ingo@from.de since I'm not a member of this
> mailing list.

If you're not on the list, you'll miss the answers you may be looking
for.
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460