Re: WHFC-3d problem being too fast.

Alex Ongena wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I installed whfc-3d according the readme file on a Win-95 486-DX4
> machine.
> A first test sending a doc from M$-Word seemed to work, however when
> I try to send a multiple page document (say 5 pages), sometimes 1 page
> is taken by whfc, sometimes 2 or 4 but nearly never the 5 pages.

> 1) this will be the cause of my problem.
> 2) how can whfc know when printing to 'faxspool' is finished ?
> 3) is there another reason why this fails ?
> 4) is there a locking problem ? (my c:\tmp\faxspool is on a HD, no network)
>
> Any help is welcome.
>
> Alex

Hi,

theoreticaly whfc should receive a windows message "WM_SPOOLERSTATUS"
whenever
a printjob is ready for printing, but in reality Windows 95+NT send this
message
at a random time after a print job has started 8-( . I have posted about
this
behaviour at a microsoft developer newsgroup last week, but i haven't
got an
answer about this. Seems one of the new "Features" of Windows. Windows
3.11
behaves correctly. It sends these message after finishing a print job.

Uli

--
Ulrich Eckhardt		                   mailto:uli@rgw-express.de
http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli