Re: Followup to hylafax win95 client

At 02:05 01/05/97 -0400, Dave Wreski <dave@nic.com> wrote:
>Hi.  I'm setting up hylafax on a linux box to act as a fax server.  I'm
>wondering what my options are for using client software on a network of
>NT machines to use the linux box as the fax server.
>
>I understand there is a win95 client, but it is very alpha.  Is this my
>only option?  The linux box is using samba, does that help any? Possibly
>set up a printer that is really a fax filter?

I think you probably have a choice.

Mario Misic <mario@laus.hr> reported on the 28 April that :-

>I have as a client NT-4.0 server with whfc-0.3a-d.
>All versions of whfc are running OK, I have not got problems with NT-4.0.

The latest version of whfc is 0.3d and is available from
        www.rgw-express.de/whfc/

In the Samba Documentation, there is a file called 'Faxing.txt' which
describes a method of using Samba with the mgetty+sendfax package; I
would expect it could be applied to work with HylaFAX instead.

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston UK.
  [Captain Cook's HMS Endevour sailed into the Port of Boston today.]