Re: FreeBSD 2.2.1-Release & HFax 4.0pl1

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Tony Mori wrote:

> HTML problems, I could handle. It's having trouble finding header files
> (termiox.h, mkdev.h, crypt.h, net/errno.h), and frankly, so am I. Those
   ^^^^^^^ on BSD?
> are nowhere in glibc, libg++, /usr/src/*, or even the 4.4BSD-Lite2
> distribution!! I've looked EVERYWHERE.
>

> Here's what's missing:
>

> ./util/InetTransport.c++  includes Socket.h, which chokes on  net/errno.h
> ./faxd/ModemServer.c++  chokes on termiox.h  and modem.h

If you lookt at faxd/ModemServer.c++  you will see that termiox.h and
modem.h are conditional includes. Check your port.h to see
if HAS_MODEM_H and HAS_TERMIOX are defined. If so check the
configure logs to see what wrong. If they are not in port.h your compiler
may have a problem with the #if directive.
#if HAS_MODEM_H
#include <sys/modem.h>
#else
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#endif
#if HAS_TERMIOX
#include <sys/termiox.h
#endif

Termiox caught my eye bacause it's a SVR4 type thing. As far as I know
BSD doesn't have it. I haven't looked at the other files you're having
trouble with, but I suspect they are all related.

> ./hfaxd/Login.c++  chokes on crypt.h
> ./etc/lockname.c  chokes on sys/mkdev.h

[snip]

--
Tim Rice			Multitalents	(707) 887-1469 (voice)
tim@trr.metro.net