Re: faxmail

----------
> From: Ben Parker <ben@dha.unon.org>
> To: Frans Agus <frans@centrin.net.id>
> Cc: flexfax@sgi.com
> Subject: Re: faxmail
> Date: Tuesday, April 22, 1997 11:43 PM
>
> Look for a line in sendmail.cf beginning Cw and add your fax domain. It
> might look like this. You will see from Bob's readme that you need an MX
> record pointing to your host if you want to submit mail from elsewhere.

I added this to DNS :

fax     IN      A       202.146.253.6
        IN      MX      10 fax
        IN      MX      20 bdg

these are aditional information may be useful :

and I am using sendmail 8.8.5 , this is telnet to port 25 and 110

fax# telnet 0 25
Trying 0.0.0.0...
Connected to 0.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 fax.centrin.net.id ESMTP Sendmail 8.8.5/8.7.3; Thu, 24 Apr 1997 11:27:03 +0700 (JVT)

fax# telnet 0 110
Trying 0.0.0.0...
Connected to 0.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK QUALCOMM Pop server derived from UCB (version 2.1.4-R3) at fax.centrin.net.id starting.

and this is the output of faxstat -v
fax# faxstat -v
Trying localhost (127.0.0.1) at port 4559...
Connected to localhost.centrin.net.id.
220 fax.centrin.net.id server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.0pl1) ready.
-> USER root
230 User root logged in.
-> PORT 127,0,0,1,4,16
200 PORT command successful.
-> LIST status
150 Opening new data connection for "status".
HylaFAX scheduler on fax.centrin.net.id: Running
Modem tty01 (62 22 434115): Waiting for modem to come ready
226 Transfer complete.

> Cwfax.centrin.net.id localhost
>
> I warn you, these scripts may need some tweaking! Contact me (probably
> best off the list) if you need more help.

I already add Cw, in sendmail.cf ( at local info section ), restart sendmail, and the problem still exist.
I know very little about sendmail, where is exactly I must add the Cw ? I don't know where to add this line.
would you please send me more detail step to edit the sendmail.cf
when I mail to 434115@fax.centrin.net.id I get :
Returned mail: unknown mailer error 255

thank you for your time and information.

frans agus
http://www.centrin.net.id