Hylafax on Indy Irix 5.3 R4400

Hey flexfax:

I previously had Hylafax working just fine on an Indy running Irix 5.3
using /dev/ttyf2
but this machine was a 100MHz R4600. My boss switched to a faster R4400
but now our fax doesn,t work.

I have installed Hylafax 4.0 on yhis new Indy running Irix 5.3 and tried
/dev/ttyf2 and /dev/ttyd2 but niether one will connect with faxgetty or
allow faxsend to connect. The modem is a USR class1 sportster 14400 and
here is the ouput from hinv.

Iris Audio Processor: version A2 revision 4.1.0
1 175 MHZ IP22 Processor
FPU: MIPS R4010 Floating Point Chip Revision: 0.0
CPU: MIPS R4400 Processor Chip Revision: 6.0
On-board serial ports: 2
On-board bi-directional parallel port
Data cache size: 16 Kbytes
Instruction cache size: 16 Kbytes
Secondary unified instruction/data cache size: 1 Mbyte
Main memory size: 96 Mbytes
Integral ISDN: Basic Rate Interface unit 0, revision 1.0
Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version WD33C93B, revision D
Tape drive: unit 6 on SCSI controller 0: QIC 1000
CDROM: unit 5 on SCSI controller 0
Disk drive: unit 4 on SCSI controller 0
Tape drive: unit 3 on SCSI controller 0: DAT
Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0
Graphics board: Indy 24-bit
Vino video: unit 0, revision 0, IndyCam connected

I understand that there is an issue with USR and Irix 5.3 and attempted
to install the replacement to patch 475, patch1268 but the portion
patchSG0001268eoe2_sw.kdebug gives an error when installed on this
system and the portion patchSG0001268dev.man.irix_lib requires a
subsystem that does not exist on our Irix 5.3 R4400 R4600 OS disk.

This patch was not necessary to run Hylafax with this modem on the R4600
so perhaps thier are some issues that pertain only to the R4400 and her
serial port control ?

Anyone ??

Tad J. Kutcher

V.N.A.

P.S. Is it possible for faxgetty to call uugetty instead of getty ?