faxmailer - linux in particular

I have a number of questions on dirk's faxmailer which I am trying to get
working on Linux 2.0.27. HylaFax works fine. Is there a separate mailing
list for e-mail fax gateways? Is there another script that might be a bit
easier?

I cannot get the mailing list archives to show me the messages themselves
(only the search results page reloads) so I cannot do all the homework I
would like to (I am using Lynx - is that a problem?).

Problems: setuid syntax and ownership/permissions once compiled for the
faxmailer.c mini-wrapper program under Linux. I think I have tweaked the
sendmail.cf OK.

Features I'm looking for (not apparent in faxmail): the
confirmation/failure e-mail should include at least the subject line of
the original message (preferably the whole text) so you know *which*
message to a frequently-used number succeeded/failed, and can resubmit if
you want.

Hoping for a bit of help,

Thanks,

Ben Parker