Re: WHFC 0.3b

On Apr 14,  8:27am, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
> Subject: Re: WHFC 0.3b
> Jonathan Chen wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Uri Shkolnik wrote:
> > > About the problems with whfc - do you run hylafax via inetd or as stand
> > > along (with script)?
> >
> > On my system, HylaFAX runs on the server with the faxq, hfaxd and
> > faxgetty processes active all the time. All the versions of WHFC we've
> > downloaded still freezes. It appears to be pretty random process on
> > all the 5 PC's that I've installed it on..
>
> i also run faxq and hfaxd stand alone. Do you send documents with
> graphics ?. WHFC does only sporadic updates of it's windows when it
> send data to the server.
>
> I use the PASV-Mode to make data connections to the HylaFAX-Server.
> Could there be a problem ? because the data transfer to the server
> seems relative slow.

My lockups occur way before any data is even attempted to be sent to the
server.
While trying to diagnose this problem, I have been attempting to send data
without graphics from MS Word.

90% of the time anymore, WHFC locks up on me before I can even get a chance
to hit the phonebook button to lookup a number.

The other 10% of the time WHFC locks up either when I do press the phonebook
button, or when I come out of the phonebook.  Sometimes one or both windows
just disappear, and the graphics in the background do not get updated until
I CTRL-ALT-DEL and end the task.

If it doesn't lockup right away after the window pops up, I can make it lockup
by grabbing WHFC's main title bar and move it around on the desktop.

After WHFC locks up, a scan of my Windows directory on the PC reveals three
files that were created - ~fax0000.ps, ~fax0001.ps, and fax.prn.  Fax.prn
is my printer output spool file.  All have an identical size.

Tony