Re: Error while reading gs_fonts.ps

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Doug Monsky wrote:

> I downloaded hylafax-sco3.2v5.0-v4.0pl1-cpio.gz from ftp.sgi.com.  I am
> able to send faxes if they are already tiff's.  The first time I
> installed the binary distribution I somehow installed a 3.53 version of
> ghostscript.  I would receive errors about fonts not being found when
> converting postscript documents with ps2fax.  I then read the INSTALL file
> and did find a few steps I missed.  So I reinstalled everything.
> Now whenever gs is executed the following message is generated.
> This happens when gs is executed by itself with or without parameters.
> If any one can help me with this error I would appreciate any help.

Did you also get the 2.6.2 fonts from prep.ai.mit.edu?
Perhaps gs 2.6.2 is getting confused by the 3.53 version you had.
Maybe it's time to remove all the ghostscript stuff
(rm -r /usr/local/lib/ghostscript) and reload the gs binary from ftp.sgi.com
the ghostscript fonts from prep.ai.mit.edu and the hylafax binary
(there are some important fonts in there too).

--
Tim Rice			Multitalents	(707) 887-1469 (voice)
tim@trr.metro.net