Re: Writing a HylaFAX client...

>If you can find a library for your chosen client platform and language
>which implements the FTP protocol, yet is itself extensible, you may
>be able to cut a lot of corners.

Yep! That's what I'm trying right now. I've got a Visual FoxPro app to
handle the numbers of customers with email addresses and other info. I
got hylafax working fair using samba to get me between the Win box and
the Linux Fax server but it felt clunky. I've since found some activeX
controls from Mabry that handle the FTP side of things. Although my
coding techniques using Ole and OCX's isn't that good yet, the app seems
to be getting close. If anyone wants to talk about the control contact me
off list and I'll help if I can. I too though seem to really have a
problem figuring out this "data port" portion of the PORT command though.

Brian Walters<------------------------------------>macbnr@compassnet.com
      "How many computers can one have before they become obsessed???"
PM6100w/dos   40mgs     1.5gigs       Mac7.5, Win3.x, Mklinux
Amd586-133    32mgs     7.1gigs       RH 4.0, Win95/3.x, SCO 5, OS/2
Alpha UDB 166 24mgs     3.2gigs       RedHat 4.0 Linux
486 dx100      12mgs     420megs      Xenix, Win3.x, Linux
http://www.compassnet.com/macbnr/bill_in_hell.html Joke about Bill Gates
    http://www.compassnet.com/macbnr               My home page