Re: Unix FAX Software ?

On Wed,  2 Apr 1997 14:32 -0500, High Mercury wrote:

			[ . . . ]

    have you tried looking at faximum??? check out
    http://www.faximum.com

A couple of veteran fax products with UNIX servers & Win95 clients
are:

	FaxFX	http://www.devcom.com
	IsoFAX	http://www.bg.com

but neither supports Linux and I'm not aware of any commercial fax
products that do.  Perhaps there are Web/Java-based clients that'll
work, but finding a Linux-based server seems unlikely.  The freely-
available HylaFAX and mgetty might be all there is.

    has anyone tried that product and have any comments about it????

I couldn't use Faximum in a fax project I was working on at Cisco a
few years ago because we needed automatic routing of incoming faxen
and already had a partial investment in DID {hard,soft}ware, but I'd
say it's a decent product.  I don't know if George Pajari, maintainer
of the comp.dcom.fax FAQ in 1995, still works at Faximum Software, but
he's a knowledgable guy.

-sjk

--
Scott J. Kramer				Graham Technology Solutions
UNIX/Network Systems Administrator	20823 Stevens Creek Blvd., Suite 300