pagesend replacement?

Greetings,

    I just browsed through the mailing list archives, looking for a
replacement for pagesend, that will work with non IXO/TAP pager
systems.  Pretty much what I need is to be able to send something
like phone-number,,,,,,,,message and be done with it.  I would be
willing to assume that if the line was not busy, that the page was
sent.  There was one thread I saw, that dealt with this, and the
suggestion was made to write a pagesend replacement.  If this has been
done by anyone, are they willing to share code?  If not, I'll write
one.  Would anyone be interested?

-Hal Schechner
--
-=(fun: hal-j@wtp.com)=-=-=[Hal Schechner]=-=-=-=(work: hal-j@NetUSA.Net)=-
            If all else fails, immortality can always be assured