Re: WHFC 9.3a and Win95

> For some time now, I've been trying to get WHFC to work, without any
> success. What would happen is that I'd print a Word document to the
> FaxPrinter, whfc would then pop up and ask for a destination; and at
> that point it freezes.
>
> I'd hoped that the latest version 0.3a would solve the program freeze;
> no luck. Has anyone around here experienced the same problem - and
> solved it?

Yes, I have experienced exactly the same problem.  I had a workaround
that seemed to work for several days, then I tried it again, & it didn't,
though I only tried it once today.

For some reason, whfc does not appear to remove the spool file that is
created on the hard disk.  It appears to make a copy of it with a
sequence number in the filename.  You can do a dir after the whfc
window pops up & see both the spool file created by the Windoze driver,
and the copy of it.

After the fax is sent, the copy is gone, but the spool file created by the
Windoze driver still exists.

My workaround was to delete the Windoze spool file after each transmission
via whfc.  I don't use whfc that much, & I was sending out the same fax
to 8 different clients, so my workaround worked 8 times.  Without removing
the spool file, I could't even send it once, it would hang.

The other thing that I was doing was waiting about 10 seconds AFTER the
whfc window pops up.  I had a feeling that that had an effect as well.

I know, it is a great little package, but if it doesn't work reliably,
then it is no good to anyone in our company but me, as they don't have
the knowlege to mess around with things & get them working.

Hope this helps,

--
	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.