Re: sendpage hangs

Does anyone have 4.0pl1 running on Solaris 2.4?  If so,
may I please see your output of 'showrev -p' ?

I still believe this is a problem with how the FIFO's are
being used.  I've tried compiling with the solaris fifo
and select bugs defined and without.  I'm not sure they're doing
the right thing.

syslog is configured correctly,
server tracing is configured with 0x0400f
sendpage fails every time due to a timeout.
pagesend works if I run it manually on a failed sendpage job
nothing gets logged to syslog except 3 startup messages
nothing gets logged under /log until I run pagesend manually.

I'm not running faxgetty since I'm just trying to get alpha paging
working at the moment.  Does it need to be running for send only
mode?

faxq and hfaxd are the only two processes running.

I've trussed and trussed these things and cannot figure out the problem.

What process is supposed to read() from /FIFO.cua_b ?
When faxq open()s  /FIFO.cua_b with O_WRONLY|O_NDELAY, errno 6=ENXIO
which corresponds to what the open() manpage says...
 ie
When opening a FIFO with O_RDONLY or  O_WRONLY set:
                       If O_NDELAY or O_NONBLOCK is set:  An open
                       for   reading-only   will  return  without
                       delay;  an  open  for  writing-only   will
                       return  an  error  if no process currently
                       has the file open for reading.

sendpage talks to hfaxd fine.  I can watch the protocol chat with the
-v option to sendpage but the message is never delivered.  I can
then run pagesend manually to have it sent ok.

If you have experience compiling/installing v4.0pl1 on solaris 2.4,
please let me know if you have ran into this same problem.  It looks so
much like a derivation of the known FIFO bug that I'm wondering if
maybe one of my patches has changed the behavior of what flexfax is
expecting.

Thanks,

--
Rex Fowler              http://www.mtc.ti.com/~rmfowler