Re: Using ghostscript 4.03 and HylaFAX

On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Matthew Rice wrote:

> > Problem is, when I did my first test fax (sendfax -n -d 723304 /etc/passwd)
> > textfmt bombed out with
> >         "No font metric information found for Courier-Bold"
>
> Well it looks like I get to talk about the textfmt problem afterall :-)
> Did anyone ever have this problem on a non-Linux system?

I ran into similar stuff building the SCO binaries.
The fonts that come with HylaFAX must be in $AFMDIR for textfmt to work
Check .../spool/etc/setup.cache. Look for the AFMDIR= line.
Make sure it points to the same directory as you ghostscript fonts.
Make sure the following font files from HylaFAX are there.
AvantGarde-Book               Helvetica-Oblique
AvantGarde-BookOblique        NewCenturySchlbk-Bold
AvantGarde-Demi               NewCenturySchlbk-BoldItalic
AvantGarde-DemiOblique        NewCenturySchlbk-Italic
Bookman-Demi                  NewCenturySchlbk-Roman
Bookman-DemiItalic            Palatino-Bold
Bookman-Light                 Palatino-BoldItalic
Bookman-LightItalic           Palatino-Italic
Courier                       Palatino-Oblique
Courier-Bold                  Palatino-Roman
Courier-BoldOblique           Symbol
Courier-Oblique               Times-Bold
Helvetica                     Times-BoldItalic
Helvetica-Bold                Times-Italic
Helvetica-BoldOblique         Times-Oblique
Helvetica-Narrow              Times-Roman
Helvetica-Narrow-Bold         ZapfChancery-MediumItalic
Helvetica-Narrow-BoldOblique  ZapfDingbats
Helvetica-Narrow-Oblique

I found that if I  ran configure again when those fonts were in place
the "make install" would not install the fonts. So when I moved my
prodction HylaFAX and ghostscript fonts out of the way to
do a "make install" for distribution there were no fonts installed.

Hope this helps some.

--
Tim Rice			Multitalents	(707) 887-1469 (voice)
tim@trr.metro.net