Re: Problems with faxgetty and Linux

> I start faxq and hfaxd via my rc.local and initially I was also starting
> faxgetty as well. I noticed that whenever I would attempt to dial out with
> PPP, instead of the modem listening for a data tone, it would do a fax tone.
> So I would kill faxgetty, but unfortunately the modem would be set in a fax
> mode, thus causing me to reboot (since I don't know the AT command to get it
> back in data mode!).

You probably want to add the following command before dialing in you
chat script (or what ever you are using to dial the modem):
AT+FCLASS=0

If you don't have a manual for your modem call a local dealer to get one.
That's what I had to do when I lost my ZyXEL manual the day after I bought
the modem.
--
Matthew Rice                             e-mail: matthew.rice@ftlsol.com