Problem building Hylafax-4.0pl1

While building HylaFax-4.0pl1 on a Linux system (RedHat 4.0), I encounter the
following problem:

in util/RegEx.c++:80, REG_STARTEND undeclared

I tried to look things up and I believe REG_STARTEND was meant to be a #define
somewhere, possibly in <rx.h> which is included by <regex.h>. Questions:
- is the intent to have REG_STARTEND == REG_NOTBOL | REG_NOTEOL, as per the
  regexec man page ?
- should I fix the Hylafax source, the include files or get a newer something ?
- should I look for further include directories beyond /usr/include ?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Davide Bolcioni