One question, and one answer.

I do revert the order: at first, I'd like to let all of you experiencing
problems with windows 3.11 - 95 clients (read: whfx and winflex) that
there is a very somple solution to the problems coming from windows
drivers. Just as a matter of facts, it could not be stressed enough that
there is no difference between word 6, excel, write or publisher under
windows 3.xx, nor between any program's output under '95: it's allways the
same postscript drivers' fault. Don't tell `i'm experiencing problems with
program X', `but I see wrong PS output from windows' postscript driver'.
Now the solution: remember ALLWAYS to set the windows driver to european
A4 papersize, and to use maximum compatibility mode in the driver. As I'm
on this, some programs don't query the driver for the papersize, but set
it themselves; therefore, in such programs (like word 95, to quote one)
you have to be explicit, and tell to use A4 papersize even in the single
document you're about to send via \hyla\.

Now the question: I have a rockwell v34+ modem, it's able to do Adaptive
answer, I tried both +FAA=1 and +FAE=1, but it doesn't do what I expect:
does there exist some more option, other than the one I set?

ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FCLASS=2+FAA=1+FAE=1
AdaptiveAnswer:         yes             # cosi' dovrebbe rispondermi
AnswerRotary:           "any"

Really, my problem is worse than the one Jim Alumbaugh talked about, since
my getty doesn't relly get invoked, even if with wrong arguments.
(The modem runs on a Linux 2.0.29 system, libc 5.4.23, libg++ 2.7.2, and
tried both the standard data getty and mgetty, with no luck)

Yours

lorenzo maria catucci