Re: faxmodem command not executed after reboot

Shane Bywater wrote:

    Hi,

    	I'm running HylaFAX v4.0pl1 under BSDI v2.1.  My problem is whenever I
    reboot the server I must manually execute "faxmodem tty01" in order to
    get the modem to dial the paging terminal.  Is there a way to make this
    happen automatically after rebooting.

    					Shane Bywater

You didn't show how do you start-up the scheduler faxq(1M) and
the master daemon hfaxd(1M) -- so it's only a wild guess: maybe
you've hit the problem that faxmodem(1M) can't talk to a starting
faxq(1M) server because faxq(1M) is still initializing itself
and not listening on the FIFO. If so you should get an error
message about this.

The safest way is to start also faxgetty(1M) even if
you don't want to provide incoming fax- or data-services (just
set RingsBeforeAnswer to zero if you don't want incoming calls).

	matthias