Re: HYLAFAX V4.0pl1

SF Ahmed wrote:

                                               TEXAS GROUP - BANGLADESH

                                           e-mail address:  txgroup@usaor.net
                           ABC HOUSE (8TH FL), 8 KEMAL ATATURK AVENUE
                        BANANI COMMERCIAL AREA, DHAKA, BANGLADESH
               FAX: 880 288 3587    TEL: 880 288 6106 / 7358 / 6123 / 2079 / 4951

    ATTN:  Mr. SAM  LEFFLER

Sam is perhaps no longer subscribed to this mailing list; but there
are a lot of folks and (certain) a lot of helps if you read and
ask your question here; there is also a FAQ at
http://www.vix.com/hylafax/FAQ/ and ftp://ftp.sgi.com/sgi/fax/doc/
and a lot of documentation in the source you've got too;

    We had down loaded the source code of  HYLAFAX V4.0pl1 from  /sgi/fax/source
    and installed it under LINUX  Slackware (3.0) from the C. D. which was bundled
    with the book entitled "LINUX  UNLEASHED" ,second edition, published by
    SAMS  PUBLISHING, purchased by us.

    1)   While installing  the above HYLAFAX, it  displayed  a module named  "faxq"
    in the following prompt lines  against our command of  "faxsetup"

                             /usr/local/sbin/faxq
                            /usr/local/sbin/faxmodem cua0

    instead of     /usr/etc/faxd -m /dev/cua0, shown in the  above book  (page 1055)
    but  the module  "faxd" could not  be traced  in the specified directory which
    may be the problem in our using the software to send or receive fax messages.
    The module could not also be traced in the source program, down loaded
    from the above C.D.

I don't know the CD and the book (I'm not using Linux). If the book
is based on faxd then it's outdated (and talks about HylaFAX v3.x).
You can only get an impression about "what is HylaFAX" but there
are a lot of changes between v3.x and v4.0pl1; that's why the
right place to start is the documentation that comes together with
the source;

there is also a binary distribution at ftp://ftp.sgi.com/sgi/fax/binary/
for Linux together with an installation guide;

    2)   We were also unable to activate  DOS  partition from LILO running on LINUX

	matthias