Re: faxrm failure

Maarten Boerlijst wrote:

    Hi,

    I've installed hylafax-v4.0pl1 on IRIX 5.3 using a Multitech MT2834ZDX
    modem. All seems to work well, but there is one sticky problem left.

    Whenever I remove a job using faxrm the modem fails to recover:

    >faxstat -s
    HylaFAX scheduler on turing.zoo.ox.ac.uk: Running
    Modem ttyf2 (271197): Waiting for modem to come ready

    In this state the modem does not answer any incoming calls. Sending new
    faxes works fine, as this re-initializes the modem.

please collect a servertrace showing levels 0x030f; see config(4F)
for details;

    killing the faxgetty process (which restarts automatically from
    /etc/inittab) puts the modem back in the right state:

     >faxstat -s
    HylaFAX scheduler on turing.zoo.ox.ac.uk: Running
    Modem ttyf2 (271197): Running and idle

    Some entries in /var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyf2 :

    GettyArgs:              "-h %l dx_%s"
    ModemSetupDTRCmd:       AT&D3           # setup so DTR drop resets modem

    Any ideas would be very welcome
    (I do realize that I could make a script that automatically kills
    faxgetty on faxrm, but I would prefer a cleaner solution)

yes, this isn't the way to go;

	matthias