Re: faxgate way setup like Dirk said

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

    On Wed, 5 Feb 1997 07:58:29 +0100 (MET), Matthias Apitz wrote:

    >a "normal" output of faxstat(1) should look like:

    Sorry, I missed two lines above:

    faxstat -s:
    HylaFax scheduler on ttt.xxx.com.tw:  Running
    Modem cua1 (+886.2.xxxxxxx): Waiting for modem to come ready

    JID Pri S Owner Number Pages Dials   TTS Status
    10  127  W root 6000132     0:0  0:12
    11  127  W root 6000132     0:0  0:12
    12  127  W root 7333132     0:0  0:12

ok; collect a server trace with all modem commands and responses
to find the reason for "Waiting for ..."; see below;

    >    Why does the faxes are not sent out?
    >

    >the flag "W" in the status column means: waiting for ressources
    >(e.g. a free modem); see Q53 of the HylaFAQ;

    Q53: What does it mean to get CONNECT 19200 when I try to send a fax...?

    ????????????????????????

    This does not give me ANY clue about why there is a W flag

this problem is know and shows up everytime the FAQ at www.vix.com
is updated; there is some problem with local or remote (in the gateway)
page caches showing you the old pages if you're hitting the URL
for a specific page on the index page; try to force a "reload"
(hit the reload-button) in your browser;

    Beside this, it cost me a lot of time to get each suggested page. Is there a zipped file anywhere,
    where I can download the NEW FAQ?

the current HylaFAQ is allways download-able from the master ftp-site:
ftp://ftp.sgi.com/sgi/fax/doc/hylafaq.tar.gz
download it; unpack it and follow the hints in the README file;

while we're talking about it: the search "engine" of the HylaFAQ
(script HylaFAQ/search.pl) needs perl version 5.x; the next HylaFAQ
will come with a script also working with perl version 4.x;

if someone needs this script before the next update of the HylaFAQ
please send me mail;

    >if the scheduler is running collect a server trace to see

    How do I make a 'server trace'.

    I can only see that the xferstat does not change. I thought I will find here some hints why it does
    not send out the faxes.

sorry to say that but you should download and read the FAQ before
asking this questions (e.g. Q146 and Q112); this topic is also
covered in the man page config(4F);

	matthias