Re: e-mail to fax

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

    I tried to install a e-mail to fax gateway. I use sendmail 8.8.4, Hylafax v.4.0pl1, Dirks e-mail to
    fax gateway.

    Now I got some questions:

    I tried to install Hylafax on two different machines, both are running Linux 2.0. I have already
    sent faxes with sendfax from the command line. On one machine it works, on the other machine
    not.

    When I use the command faxstat than the first machine gives the answer:
    HylaFAX scheduler on db.trace.com.tw: Running
    Modem cua1 (+886.2.600.0132): Waiting for modem to come ready

    The second machine answers:
    Password:

    Why? Which password?

read http://www.vix.com/hylafax/FAQ/Q104.html and man page hosts(4F);