Re: AT FAX Commands

On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Bakhit Nurzhanov wrote:

> Hi, everybody. I am using HylaFAX v4.0pl1 on SCO UNIX 4.2v3.2. Everything
                                             Isn't that 3.2v4.2 ?
> works great, except that faxgetty seems to conflict with UUCP.

Incoming and outgoing? Or just outgoing?
I had to modify my Dialers entry for my AT&T DataPort to do outgoing
data calls.

DataPort =,-,   "" AT+FCLASS=0\r\p\c \r\nOK\r\n ATDT\T\r\d\d\d\d\d\c CONNECT

Before changing the Dialers file I was limited to incoming/outgoing fax,
and incoming data.

> My questions are:
> (1) where I can find fax-modem fax AT commands. I am using AT&T Paradyne 8325

Try the US Robotics Fax Back service (800 762 6163) and request document
number 10450. (Thanks to Glenn Burkhardt <glenn@aoi.ultranet.com> for
this pointer in an earlier post)

> modem, and its documentation doesn't contain fax-commands, except one:
> AT+FCLASS=0|1|2 ?
> (2) does AT+CLASS=0 sets modem in data FAX mode, or is it just DATA mode ?

I think just DATA, but faxgetty will reinitialize after the call.

> (3) does anybody have luck using faxgetty/HylaFAX and UUCP on the same port ?
Yes. (SCO 3.2v4.2)

--
Tim Rice			Multitalents	(707) 887-1469 (voice)
tim@trr.metro.net		Keeper of the HylaFAX SCO binaries